MAXIMIZING COMMUNITY BENEFITS THROUGH PROCUREMENT AND A RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS APPROACH
CSR AT RCT HOMES As a Community Mutual Social Housing Organisation, RCT Homes’ approach to Corporate Social Responsibility is four fold:
- Developing the Workforce
- Supporting our Community
- Reducing the impact on Environment
- Getting its customers and suppliers in its Marketplace to commit to corporate social responsibility.
- 68 work placements supported and over 5000 accredited qualifications awarded through GrEW
- 1454 training and employment placement opportunities provided through GrEW, the supply chain, contractors, and group companies
- 376 jobs brought into the local economy through the Major Improvement Programme, of which nearly 100 were new jobs, and over 60% of the labour came from Rhondda Cynon Taff
- More than 150 days of unpaid time was given by tenants to our procurement process
- The Welsh Assembly Government has held up RCT Homes procurement process as a ‘model approach’ that other social housing landlords can follow to help regenerate some of Wales’s most disadvantaged communities.
European Responsible Housing Awards 2014
Modalidad Economic responsibility and sustainability