EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM FOR THE BENEFIT OF TENANTS, VOLUNTEERS AND STAFF
CSR AT BOLIGKONTORET DANMARK In 2012 Boligkontoret Danmark decided on a CSR-agenda, “Cooperative social responsibility”. The political aims of the agenda are based on the ten principles of the UN Global Compact, and focus on four main areas that fit in with Boligkontoret Danmark’s values and business strategy:
- Society: renting of flats to socially vulnerable citizens
- Buying and building: socially responsible agreements with contractors in renovation cases that generate training places and apprenticeships for young tenants in cooperative housing departments.
- Staff conditions: through comprehensive education and development programs BDK seeks to strengthen the professional and personal competencies of staff members.
- Environment and energy: BDK strives to optimize energy consumption at work and to achieve a more environmentally correct and energy efficient housing stock, as well as supporting environment-friendly behaviours.
- Talent development program: 20 participants in 2008-10 and 17 participants in 2010-2012. Almost half of the participants have achieved promotion and new areas of responsibility following the talent development program.
- “Whole brain profile” conducted for all staff members and leaders in BDK – through an individual feedback – which leads to a situation where everybody in BDK is ready to corporate better with each other and with the tenants and board members.
- Leadership programme for all managers in BDK. No company in the social housing sector in Denmark has ever taken all their leaders (managers) in an ECTS point based education at the same time.
- “Chief consultant” programme attended by all consultants
- Maintenance management program attended by all local maintenance managers
- Better personal service in the housing areas thanks to competencies of local maintenance managers, improved outdoor surroundings and cheaper daily management, to the benefit of tenants.
- Positive evaluations from courses’ participants
European Responsible Housing Awards 2014
Modalidad Responsible Human resources management