The European Responsible Housing Initiative (ERHIN) has been a project implemented by DELPHIS, Housing Europe and the International Union of Tenants, co-funded by the European Commission (DG Enterprise). The project was carried out between April 2013 and October 2014, with a view to lead the way towards better embedding Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in the public, cooperative, and social housing sector, through awareness-raising, transfer of knowledge and tools and stakeholder dialogue at European level.
If you would like to have an idea of the types of projects and initiatives that have been awarded in previous editions, please have a look at our European Responsible Housing Awards Handbooks from 2014, 2016, 2019 and videos about the winners.
- Who can participate in the Awards?
The applications are open to the social and affordable housing sector and to the hybrid sector (public + private), but they are NOT open to the private for-profit sector. Municipalities, if housing providers, are also welcome to apply.
- Which languages are accepted for the application?
Only English is accepted. Applications submitted in another language will not be evaluated.
- What is the deadline for submissions?
The deadline for submissions is January, 31st 2022.
- What are the evaluation criteria of the applications?
The Jury is paying particular attention to the following aspects:
- Stakeholder dialogue and Partnerships: How were stakeholders involved in the design and implementation of the housing project?
- Awareness-raising and leadership: To what extent does it contribute to raise awareness on CSR, responsible housing and sustainable development?
- Transparency and accountability: To what extent is the organisation transparent/accountable on its commitments, actions and results relating to the proposed good practice?
- Operational implementation: Were some specific tools developed/used? How replicable are they?
- Assessment of the shared value created: To what extent/how was the impact assessed?
- To what extent is the project innovative? The Jury will assess the novelty of the project and to what extent does it use new approaches and/or technology to meet housing needs.
- What are the categories of the Awards?
The Categories of the Awards will be based on the Code of Conduct and will thus be:
- Fair financing for housing affordability
- More than a roof – supporting communities of equal opportunities
- Leaders of innovation, agents of fair energy transition
- Building strategic alliances, fostering community participation
- Empowering the team, addressing employees’ changing needs
The 2022 edition includes a special prize for pandemic-related special solutions - ‘Going the extra mile in extraordinary circumstances’.
- Who to contact in case of further questions?
Please send an email to email@example.com. We will be happy to answer you.
- How is the Jury composed?
The Awards Jury is composed of members of the European Responsible Housing Stakeholder Forum set up in the framework of the ERHIN Project as well as experts in CSR from other sectors. For more information.
- When will the European Responsible Housing Awards be celebrated?
The final ceremony of the European Responsible Housing Awards will take place in Helsinki (Finland) during the International Social Housing Festival (14-17 June 2022).