The 2nd Biennial Guastavino 2014-2015 organized by the Department of Culture of the Generalitat de Catalunya, Barcelona Provincial Council, the College of Architects of Catalonia and the municipalities of Barcelona and Vilassar de Dalt, aims to promote knowledge, study and research the work of Rafael Guastavino Moreno.
The aim of the Biennial Guastavino is to promote two lines of research:
- Firstly the research about the buildings that Guastavino Company has performed around the world, thus encouraging constructive study of the buildings, as well as materials and timbrel vaults.
- On the other, the research on the historical partitioned vault and the study of its architectural features and technical implementation mechanisms of the vaults with two specific objectives: the preservation of timbrel vaults and its incorporation as a normal component in new construction.
- LLUÍS JOSEP GONZÁLEZ MORENO-NAVARRO: architect, doctor, professor, Dept. of Architectural UPC..
- JOHN OCHSENDORF: doctor engineer, associate Building Technology Program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) professor.
- MAR LOREN MENDEZ: Dr. architect, professor of the Department: History, Theory and Architectural Composition at the University of Sevilla .
- KENT DIEBOLT: President of Vertical Access NY.
- MANUEL FORTEA LUNA: architect, doctor in Art History, former dean of the College of Architects of Extremadura and specialist vaulted structures.
- A representative of the Department of Culture of the Generalitat of Catalonia..
- A representative of the College of Architects of Catalonia.
- A representative of the Government of Barcelona.
- A representative of the City of Barcelona
- A representative of the City of Vilassar de Dalt to act as secretary.
A single prize winner with the publication of research, plus two trips to Barcelona and Vilassar de Dalt for public presentation (Teatro de la Massa, under the Guastavino dome); also receive a cash prize of € 3,000.
- From June 1 to September 15, 2014: Submission of an application for participation in the Biennale.
- From September 16 to December 31, 2014: Presentation of work at the Biennale Guastavino 2014, in digital format.
- May 2015: Publication of the Jury's decision.